Position: Operations Manager
Enterprise: Acceso El Salvador
Supervisor: Programs Director, El Salvador.
Location: El Salvador
Contract: Fixed term (12 months)
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
Acceso El Salvador, is social enterprise who implement the model “From seed to market” to strengthen the food systems, improve the incomes and livelihood from farmers in rural areas including a gender and youth approach. The holistic model from Acceso use a market system approach, taking advantage from current initiatives from public and private relevant actors to fill important gaps to promote the changes in the system. Acceso works with small and medium vegetables and fruits farmers and artisanal fishermen being a link between the producers and formal markets complying with quality standards requested for each of the clients.
About this Role
Lead the operations activities assuring the implementation of the internal policies, procedures and manuals, support program design, development, and implementation in complies with internal and donor’s requirements and assist in all the implementation areas.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist Program Director in day-to-day assuring the compliances with work plans, budget, and reports according with internal and donor’s requirements.
- Oversee the implementation and update of all internal and donor’s policies, procedures and manuals for administration and finance areas.
- Oversee and ensure timely submission at internal level, donors and stakeholders specifics reports in collaboration with other areas but limited to monitoring, evaluation and learning, trainings, technical field team, accounting and finance, business development and logistics.
- Ensuring the compliances with contractual obligations and deliverables in accordance with internal and donor’s regulations and policies.
- Responsible of the management and record of official / final versions of documents in digital and/or hardcopies versions.
- Support in logistic for meetings, events, trainings, international and in-country travels.
- Support in the star-up of new projects, implementation phase and in their close-up phase.
- Responsible for verifying the compliances of expenses and reimbursement according with the internal policies and in complies with donor’s funds requirements as applicable.
- Support in the procurement process for goods and services including the elaboration of technical specifications, procurements documents, evaluation of quotes or proposal and recommendations for the award.
- Any other function that is assigned to it.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Hard Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or economics, or B.S. in industrial engineering.
- Ten (10) or more years of experiences in administration, finance, and operations.
- At least eight (8) years of professional experiences under USAID projects in the administrative or operation area.
- Experiences in at least two regional projects in three or more countries in Central America under USAID funds.
- Knowledge of USAID administrative and financial procedures such as: budget, accruals report, expensive reports, international and in-country travels, audits, VAT, HR management, acquisition, and trainings.
- Experiences working with stakeholders from the private and public sector and civil society.
- Documentation management.
- Management of MS office platform.
- Financial planning and budget management.
- Logistic coordination.
2. Soft Skills
- Critical thinking and decision marker.
- Effective communication at different levels.
- Leadership and teamwork with a multidisciplinary team.
- Innovative, organized and focused on finding solutions.
- Motivated to work aimed at changing the lives of the beneficiaries.
Oral and written fluency in Spanish and proficient in English.
To apply, please attach your Resume, Cover Letter not later than May 1, 2023.
For more information about Acceso and careers with us, please visit Acceso.org/careers.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.