Location: El Salvador or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
Term: 2 months
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted nearly 35,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
About This Opportunity:
The Consultant will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer, country teams and leadership team to streamline Acceso´s procurement processes and procedures, and prepare a comprehensive procurement plan.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Comprehensive procurement plan incorporating Acceso requirements and USAID/other donor and legal requirements, in English, estimated to be around 20 pages of documentation. The plan will cover:
- Purchase levels and approvers, including roles and responsibilities
- Process outline from a purchase request to receipt of product
- Guidelines on national and international bidding processes, including USAID´s guidelines for transparency and competition in the procurement process
- Templates for all forms related to procurement, as needed (e.g. some may be produced in Netsuite)
- Review existing Acceso financial compliance and conflict of interest policies, and recommend any updates or any new policies, such as whistleblower policy (TBD), to ensure compliance with national or international legal regulations and standards
- Review of current procurement processes and practices and recommendations for process improvements, hiring, and other items to build a robust and efficient procurement function at Acceso
- If hire is multi-lingual, a review of the Spanish and/or French versions
- Assistance in a live training for the country teams
- Check-in with the CFO on a weekly basis, at a minimum
- Interview and compile feedback from country teams and leadership team, with potential travel to El Salvador
- A minimum of 4 years of professional work experience with at least 2 years in a procurement, logistics, supply chain management, knowledge management, operations, or equivalent role.
- Minimum of a BA; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong experience in process development and documentation
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be an excellent writer.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, and an adaptive work style: You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Working proficiency in English or Spanish required. French a plus.
To apply, please attach the following documentation by September 15, 2023:
- Your CV/Resume in English
- Your Cover Letter in English. Please highlight relevant experience and similar past consultancies.
- In the “Additional Documents” section below, please include the following in a single file:
- Project plan and timeline, not to exceed 1 page
- Quote in USD that specifies your fixed or daily rate. If daily, include # of days estimated to complete task.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.