Job Title: Program Data Analyst
Enterprise: Acceso El Salvador
Reporting/Supervisor: IT Director | Data Analytics Manager
Location: El Salvador
Contract: Fixed term (1 year) with possible renewal
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
Acceso El Salvador is a social enterprise that implements the “seed to market” model to strengthen food systems, improve the income and livelihoods of farmers in rural areas, including a gender and youth focus. Access’s holistic model uses a market systems approach, leveraging existing initiatives from relevant public and private actors and filling important gaps to drive system-wide change. Access, works with small and medium-sized fruit and vegetable farmers and artisanal fishermen, being the link between these producers and the formal markets, complying with the quality standards requested by each of the clients.
About this role:
The Sr Analyst, Programs will work with the Program team to launch, support, and analyze Acceso’s operations, utilizing and optimizing the use of Farmforce and Extensio, with a focus on Cololmbia.
- Managing operational and impact data through the Farmforce platform
- Support agronomy and management teams to collect and analyze operational data that helps improve the quality and efficiency of Acceso’s producer support programs, including the preparation of internal and external dashboards/reports to report on key operational metrics and impact indicators.
- Develop training materials and train technicians’ on how to use Farmforce.
- Train Program Analysts and other Acceso team members on how to use Farmforce.
- Support survey design and configuration in Farmforce
- Support field teams to upload and update new producersin Farmforce
- Keep Farmer Files updated.
- Perform data cleaning to align Farmforce and NetSuite farmer data, in coordination with the M&E and data teams.
- Identify areas for improvement in the use, processes, or design of Farmforce and present them to the Program teams or Farmforce reps for implementation.
- Stay informed about updates and new features in Farmforce. Continuously assess and propose optimizations to leverage the full potential of the platform.
- Document processes, workflows, and best practices related to Farmforce data management for reference and training purposes.
- Manage Extensio – Acceso’s virtual technical support platform
- Train agronomy and management teams on basic Extensio usage and help them utilize the platform to reinforce the in-person technical training they provide to Acceso producers
- Create, coordinate, organize and/or execute desired messaging from Program teams to producer networks on good agricultural practices, weather data,, and other topics of interest.
- Design and execute automatic alerts (droughts, temperature spikes, etc).
- Oversee rollout of Extensio within Acceso producer network and Extensio partners.
- Prepare internal and external dashboards/reports to report on key Extensio metrics.
- Provide feedback highlighting campaign and content effectiveness and other key performance metrics.
- Support the development of program materials for both internal and external use including presentations, producer training, and donor reports.
- Support program activities including producer training, technician onboarding, focus groups, surveys, and other activities in the field.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Farmforce and Extensio setup and ongoing usage
- Other related tasks as determined by Acceso’s Programs and Data teams
Other Skills and Attributes
- Engineer degree with a focus on agronomy or agriculture
- 2 years experience working with rural or low income communities or agricultural based projects in a program design/execution or agronomy role that includes field work
- Experience in digital community management, content creation for digital platforms and data analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency with Farmforce, Extensio or other survey and data management and ag-tech software.
- Experience with photo and multimedia editing software such as Canva
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; data-driven
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Teamwork with a multidisciplinary team; collaborative
- Self starter; highly motivated
- Content creation and design skills; active user of social media and other applications;
- Passion and commitment to social impact and improving the lives of smallholder farmers
Language Skill: Oral and written fluency in Spanish. English is a plus.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter in the form below not later than February 2. In order to be considered, we ask that you submit your application materials in English.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.