Position: Training Manager
Enterprise: Acceso El Salvador
Supervisor: Programs Director, El Salvador.
Location: El Salvador
Contract: Fixed term (1 year) with possible renewal
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
Acceso El Salvador is a social enterprise that has been working to strengthen local food systems since 2013. The enterprise is in an exciting growth phase to impact many more smallholder farmers and fishers across Central America. Acceso’s goal is to become the world’s most impactful and sustainable model to alleviate poverty at scale.
About this role:
We are seeking an experienced training manager to lead all the activities related to the design and development of trainings programs and standardization of training materials focused on agriculture, aquaculture and fishing, and SMEs/cooperatives/associations. In coordination with the El Salvador team, the Training Manager will employ adult learning and behavioral change methodologies to maximize training effectiveness and beneficiary impact.
- Responsible for the development of the training strategy and training modules including facilitator’s guides, training materials, procedures, plans and formats, incorporating and adapting the technical knowledge provided by the agri and aquaculture directors/teams.
- In charge of verifying that all the training materials comply with adult learning methodologies.
- Conduct quality control of training materials to ensure that the content is designed to generate results expected for both in-person and digital trainings.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions to build capacity of field teams in the delivery of in-person and digital training
- Collaborate with Acceso’s stakeholders and partners in the definition and establishment of the training program/plan linked with the implementation of programs and projects.
- Develop of the training program/plan including the schedule, indicators, milestones, and results expected.
- Understand and promote Acceso’s values, vision, and strategy in the implementation of assigned duties and represent Acceso’s values while building the capacity of the organization.
- Advise and train the technical team in charge of facilitating the trainings; ensure that the content and methodologies align with the time/length of each of the sessions.
- Build capacity of field teams in the delivery of in-person and digital training; monitoring the execution of the training program/plan and evaluate the results of each session of training.
- Develop tools to obtain feedback from the training participants and follow-up actions plans if needed.
- Develop a track system to manage the participants’ data for each of the trainings.
- Elaborate reports/deliverables, according with the required periodicity that reflects the results obtained during the implementation of the training plan.
- Carry out field visits according with the needs to comply with the functions assigned.
- Any other function that is assigned to it.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Hard Skills
- B.A. in education, economics, sociology, psychology, marketing, business administration, entrepreneurship, human resources, or related field.
- Seven (7) or more years of experiences in training and capacity building, leading the development of strategy, policies, and/or training programs/plans, and a background in the design, development, and implementation of trainings.
- Proficient with behavioral change and adult learning best practices.
- Experience in managing training programs with gender inclusion focus.
- Proven experience in using quantitative and qualitative methodologies, information/data systems, generating reports, data quality control evaluations and presentation of results.
- Desirable previous experience in programs/projects with donors oriented towards rural or vulnerable populations.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender.
- Management of MS office platform; excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Development of training manuals and materials.
- Data management.
- Reports and results presentation.
- Soft Skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional facilitation and training development skills.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Oriented towards achieving results, decision maker.
- Leadership and teamwork with a multidisciplinary team.
- Innovative, organized and focused on finding solutions.
- Motivated to work aimed at changing the lives of the beneficiaries.
- Language Skills: Oral and written fluency in Spanish and proficient in English.
To apply, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject “Training Manager – Your Name” no later than April 28, 2023.
For more information about Acceso and careers with us, please visit Acceso.org/careers. Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.