Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
Enterprise: Acceso El Salvador
Supervisor: Programs Director, El Salvador.
Location: El Salvador
Contract: Fixed term (1 year) with possible renewal
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
Acceso El Salvador is a social enterprise that has been working to strengthen local food systems since 2013. The enterprise is in an exciting growth phase to impact many more smallholder farmers and fishers across Central America. Acceso’s goal is to become the world’s most impactful and sustainable model to alleviate poverty at scale.
About this role:
Lead all the activities related to monitoring, evaluation and learning of programs and projects according with the milestones, indicators and results expected utilizing tools and management procedures for data evaluation according with Acceso’s policies and the requirements of donors.
- Develop the guidelines and procedures for the monitoring, evaluation, and learning institutional strategy.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and learning including the development of baselines, milestones, indicators and expected results.
- Design the methodology for the determination of the base lines, monitoring of the indicators and evaluations requested internally and by stakeholders such as donors, to determinate the complies with the monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans.
- Verify all the procedures for data collection, as well assuring their quality and reliability.
- Train and supervise local staff and field teams on monitoring and evaluation procedures, data collection tools, and data management practices.
- Manage of the deliverable database for each program and project.
- Collaborate with Acceso’s program team, stakeholders, and partners in the definition and establishment of the baselines and monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans linked with the implementation of programs and projects.
- Elaborate reports/deliverables, according with the required periodicity that reflects the results obtained during the implementation of the activities according with the work plans; monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans; and other relevant programs and project’s documents.
- Carry out field visits according with the needs to comply with the functions assigned.
- Any other function that is assigned to it.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Hard Skills
- B.A. in economics, statistics, sociology, international development, or B.S. in systems, industrial, agronomy, agrobusiness or agroindustry.
- Desirable, master’s degree in statistics, social development, or economic development.
- Eight (8) or more years of experiences in programs or in monitoring, evaluation, and learning of programs or projects, leading the development of guidelines, policies or plans of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Experiences leading the monitoring, evaluation, and learning area in large-scale programs reporting directly to USAID, IDB or other multilateral or bilateral donor.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects involving rural communities, non-government organizations (NGOs) and public sector and private sector actors.
- Previous experience working in Latin America, in projects related to agriculture, sustainable fishing, livelihoods, agtech, and/or rural development.
- Proven experiences in using quantitative and qualitative methodologies, information/data systems, generating reports, data quality control evaluations and presentation of results.
- Management of MS office platform.
- Strong analytical skills, proficient in Excel and other data analysis/visualization/processing/reporting tools such as CommCare, Farmforce, PowerBI and/or Tableau
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Knowledge in statistics.
- Data management
- Project management.
- Reports and results presentations.
- Soft Skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Oriented towards achieving results and decision maker.
- Leadership and teamwork with a multidisciplinary team.
- Innovative, organized and focused on finding solutions; change management experience.
- Motivated towards changing the lives of the beneficiaries.
- Language Skills: Oral and written fluency in Spanish and proficient in English.
To apply, please send your Resume, Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject “MEL Manager – Your Name” not later than April 21, 2023.
For more information about Acceso and careers with us, please visit Acceso.org/careers. Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.