Reporting/Supervisor: Senior Director of Markets / CAO
Location: Pereira, Colombia (optional Bogota)
Contract: Permanent employee following trial period
Start Date: ASAP
Travel: Approximately 15% national or international
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting positive economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an ag-tech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 26,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
About this Role
The Markets and Administrative Analyst will support Acceso Service Center in two key fronts. First part of the role is to review and analyze data from sales, markets and operations that allow insights for informed management decisions. Also, the Analyst will monitor news, events and papers around markets or products of interest for the whole Acceso operation. The second part of the role is to support administrative tasks within Acceso such as travel, meetings, events, reimbursements, and budget tracking. The role will work closely with the Senior Director of Markets and Market team members in different geographical locations.
The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of duties that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position. Acceso expects the candidate to develop both desktop and field work as needed.
- Markets and sales analysis
- Analyze and track weekly and monthly sales reports across operations (by crop, margin, volume, service level, by client, client ticket, unit cost, other)
- Analyze market trends in countries where Acceso operates (national statistics, imports, exports, market data, market share, consumer behavior, and competitive data to find opportunities)
- Track data of competitors or targeted agribusinesses
- Analyze each markets pricing monitors and present analytic reports to the teams
- Monitor AR for each one of the operations and raise flags to sales / finance / general managers
- Conduct market research as needed for local and global markets
- Analyze export requitements and develop checklists (market of origin / destination)
- Manage and organize clients pipeline databases for each market
- Assist in the creation of the annual sales projections
- Prepare monthly, quarterly sales reports
- Prepare analysis or reports as required by the team
- Provide general administrative support to the markets team
- Onboarding support for new employees and consultants that join the markets team
- Support Acceso Service Center in administrative tasks as requested
- Meeting scheduling and organization
- Research on travel requirements and restrictions
- Lavi Operations
- Day to day of the online sales platforms
- Invoices´ support and follow up
- Product specific research as requested
- Data entry and visualization
Other Skills and Attributes:
1. Hard Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Industrial Engineering or Administration. Market and/or financial analysis experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in sales, market analysis, business performance analysis, business administration, business controls or financial planning
- Experience in food, retail or agribusiness is ideal
- Experience using ERPs such SAP, SIESA or NetSuite is a plus
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite applications.
- Ability to manage, work and simplify vast amounts of data
2. Soft Skills
- Strong ability to work independently and remotely
- Collaborative in working with a team of different culture and language
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and business sense
- Able to meet deadlines and achieve results
3. Language skills: Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English.
To apply, please send your Resume, Cover Letter including the answers to the questions below to [email protected] with the subject “Markets and Admin Analyst – Your Name” no later than June 02, 2023.
- ¿Why your interest in applying for this position at Access?
- Specifically, ¿How does your experience match up to what is required?
- Examples of similar projects and the impact generated through it
For more information about Acceso and careers with us, please visit Acceso.org/careers.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.