Reporting/Supervisor: Sr. Director, Business Development
Location: Bogotá, Colombia. Remote a possibility.
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time Employee
Who we are: Acceso (www.acceso.org) is social enterprise that is revolutionizing food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean to put smallholder farmers first. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Our entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador and an agtech tool (Extensio) founded in Mexico. Across our agribusinesses, we have impacted more than 25,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $60m in farmer income to date.
About this role: This position will play a pivotal role in securing the necessary grant support to fuel ambitious growth goals, creating new opportunities and catalyzing new investment in rural communities throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Manage the grant application process – 70%
- Manage submission timelines
- Draft, edit, and submit written grant proposals with consultation of senior staff
- Help coordinate various voices from Acceso and implementing partners to influence grant proposals and applications
- Assist in grant reporting process – 20%
- Manage various grant timelines for existing grants;
- Collect content from teams and synthesize information for summary reports.
- Prospecting – 10%
- Search for potential funding streams
The experience and qualifications we are looking for:
- Hard Skills
- University degree required.
- 4+ years of experience in professional writing required.
- Experience in fundraising or nonprofits related to community development, agriculture, or livelihoods preferred.
- Soft Skills
- Genuine belief that smallholder farmers have the knowledge and power to transform food systems and uplift rural communities.
- Passion for writing
- Self-starter that’s able to work independently
- Entrepreneur-minded and creative (out-of-the-box thinker)
- Detail oriented and meticulously organized
- Flexible, comfortable with uncertainty
- Results-oriented decision maker
- Strong team player and values-oriented
- Language skills: Oral and written fluency required in English and Spanish. French and Haitian Creole a plus.
To apply, please send your Resume, Cover Letter and 2 Work Samples (all in English) to HR@Acceso.org with the subject “Grant Writer – Your Name“. You should be the primary author of the work samples, which can either be short writing/research examples, fundraising proposals, or journalistic essays. Your work will not be shared outside of our hiring team, but please sanitize any details that may be confidential.
Acceso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@acceso.org